Stride Career Prep
Your student can prepare for college, career, or both with Stride Career Prep.
What is Stride Career Prep?
Stride Career Prep is an innovative, tuition-free online program that combines core academics with industry-relevant, career-focused electives—giving students a jump-start on their college and career goals. While working toward their high school diplomas, students can choose from a variety of courses in these high-demand career fields: Business, Marketing, and Entrepreneurship; Education and Training; Health Science; and Information Technology. Indiana-licensed teachers provide live online instruction and tailor teaching to student needs. Students can participate in career-oriented clubs, gain workplace skills, and prepare to take industry-recognized certification exams in their chosen career path upon graduation.*
Career-focused courses are based on the knowledge and skills required for each career pathway in the following high-demand career fields:
- Business, Marketing, and Entrepreneurship: Careers in business management, administration, finance, entrepreneurship, marketing, sales, and customer relationships. Learn more about Business, Marketing, and Finance.
- Education and Training: Careers in education and training the next generation.Learn more about Education and Training..
- Health Science: Careers that promote health, wellness, and diagnosis as well as treat injuries and diseases. Learn more about Health Science..
- Information Technology (IT): Careers in developing and maintaining computer systems and applications for individuals and organizations to conduct their everyday business. Learn more about Information Technology.
* Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.
Students can search and filter hundreds of internship listings to find on-the-job learning experiences they can complete before graduation. A perfect complement to a Stride Career Prep education, a high school internship is another great way to get ahead on future goals. We also offer tips and advice about building a resume, honing interview skills, and keeping motivated on the job. Internship listings are updated daily, so be sure to check back often.
Job Shadow Week
Stride K12-powered schools teamed up with businesses across the nation to give students the opportunity to explore different career fields while discovering their passions. Watch as students experience Job Shadow Week.