Education & Training
Which pathway is offered?
Early Childhood Education—This pathway prepares students for employment in early childhood education and related careers that work with children from birth to 8 years old by learning about the learner and learning process, learning environments, and instructional and assessment strategies.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Childcare Center Director
- Childcare Worker
- Elementary School Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
- Teaching Assistant
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Childcare Center Director—$49,160/year
- Childcare Worker—$25,460/year
- Elementary School Teacher—$60,660/year
- Special Education Teacher—$61,420/year
- Teaching Assistant—$28,900/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 9, 2021.
Which industry-recognized certification exams can my student prepare for?
- CPR, First Aid, and AED