Which pathway is offered?
- Pre-Nursing/Healthcare Specialist—This pathway prepares students for careers focused on changing the health status of patients over time through providing care, treatment, counseling, and health education information.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Registered Nurse
- Home Health Aide
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)—$30,830/year
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)—$48,820/year
- Registered Nurse—$75,330/year
- Home Health Aide—$27,080/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 9, 2021.
Which industry-recognized certification exams can my student prepare for?
- CPR, First Aid and AED